Yard Assistant – MISSISSAUGA BRANCH
Join a company with a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits including paid vacation, RRSP program, competitive benefits coverage, and flexible hours. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, Yard Assistant to join our winning team for turnkey fleet leasing and support services.
With over five decades of expertise, we specialize in customized fleet modification and fabrication services and the acquisition, sales, leasing, management and maintenance of specialized transport equipment.
The excited self- driven Yard Assistant will provide superior customer service in all matters pertaining to the lease agreement and administration.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Competitive base pay
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities would include:
- Closing the yard (locking gates at the end of the day)
- Collecting garbage/plywood in the yard
- Sweeping out trailers
- Checking tires – low & flat
- Confirming fuel level
- Starting/running reefers – pretrip
- Installing license plates
- Installing CFL decals
- Installing partitions in the trailers
- Picking up decals (offsite pick-up)
- Travel to the licensing office
- Accompanying customers to the yards directing/monitoring how they park
- Fundamental vehicle knowledge and/or technical experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of transport maintenance a strong asset
- Experience communicating with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced working environment
- Work outside in all climates 50% of the time
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Valid G License
At Checker Flag Leasing we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. We provide a supportive working atmosphere with training and career advancement opportunities.
If you are a Yard Assistant that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your résumé to the human resources department at Karen.Easton@odwyergroup.ca
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.