Shunt Truck Driver – Mississauga Branch
We will provide full training to the right people!
Join a company with a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits including tool and safety boot allowance, competitive shift premium, benefits, paid vacation and flexible hours
O’Dwyer Group maintains and services all types of tractors, trailers, containers and chassis. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, individual to join our winning team.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates. We have unlimited opportunities for skilled workers with quality workmanship who would like to take their career to the next level.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Competitive base wage
- Safety boot allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities would include:
- Operate shunt truck maneuvering trailers in and out of the shop in tight yards.
- Maintain safe vehicle and check equipment as required by DOT.
- Perform yard check and update listed equipment.
- Pick up and deliver customer equipment from and to customer yards.
- Maintain logbook records if required and maintain daily run (activity) sheet.
- Assist in picking up and delivery of parts, when required.
- Maintain shop and yard maintenance (house cleaning), keep yard free and clear of debris.
- Wear PPE at all times, comply with all Health & Safety regulations ,safe work practices, policies, and procedures, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
The successful candidate will have …
- Must have clean and valid AZ license (provide drivers abstract).
- 2 years experienced required.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate and respond in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to use judgment and tact when dealing with general inquiries.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in fast-paced challenging environment.
- Some flat bed work may be required.
- Review and audit finished repairs.
At The O’Dwyer Group we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. If you are an individual that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The O’Dwyer Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.