Health and Safety/ HR Coordinator (Contract)
Join a company with a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits. We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety/ HR Coordinator for a vertically integrated, transport fleet services and temperature control solutions provider with over 50 years of combined expertise.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates that have a knack for managing health and safety initiatives in the workplace. The ideal candidate will eat, sleep, and breathe the health and safety process.
Health and Safety
- Work with the Senior Manager of Human Resources to ensure safety compliance is maintained in our locations across Canada
- Plan, organize and manage the delivery of all occupational health and safety issues by determining priorities, setting the agenda, planning, assigning and coordinating special projects
- Maintain and ensure the integration and implementation of health and safety policies, programs, standards and compliance plans
- Participate with the JHSC and prepare meeting minutes and agendas
- Submit all WSIB Claims and follow up on claim status
- Manage ongoing cases and return to work through partnering with the manager as appropriate
Human Resources Administration:
- Assist with the coordination of training programs
- Assist with responding to staff inquiries related to policies and procedures, pay, benefits and all employment-related matters
- Office supply orders
- Post-secondary education in health and safety and human resources administration
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a health and safety role; experience in an human resources role preferred
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of OHSA and WSIB a must (CNSST a strong asset)
- JHSC Part 1 & 2 Certification preferred
At The O’Dwyer Group we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. If you are an individual that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The O’Dwyer Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.