Fuel Truck Driver – Mississauga Branch
Join a company with a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits including tool and safety boot allowance, competitive shift premium, benefits, paid vacation and flexible hours.
O’Dwyer Group maintains and services all types of tractors, trailers, containers and chassis. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, individual to join our winning team.
In this role you will ensure that customer equipment is checked and fueled to appropriate levels to allow for uninterrupted operations. This will require the ability to maneuver, park, and back up a single and tandem axel, manual transmission truck with air brakes. Remaining organized and diligent in completing paperwork during the process.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities would include:
- Maintain a clean DZ drivers license.
- Perform daily vehicle circle check.
- Maintain accurate hours on logs and ensure compliance.
- Delivers product or material to destination by identifying destination; selecting route; driving the fuel truck.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe work environment by complying with legal regulations and internal company standards and procedures relating to the fuel truck operation.
- Maintain optimum fuel truck operation by following inspection guidelines relating to ; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road ability standards.
- Must be able to become CPPI certified to enable fuel terminal access.
- Follow all terminal rules and regulations while on terminal property.
The successful candidate will have …
- Ontario Class D License (straight truck) or Ontario Class A License (articulated trucks) with Z endorsement.
- 2 – 3 years Driving Experience.
- Clean drivers abstract & CVOR record.
- Must be able to maneuver trucks in a very tight yard/fuel terminals.
- Able to work nights and weekends as required.
- CPPI certified candidates would be a definite asset.
- High School Diploma preferred.
At The O’Dwyer Group we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. If you are an individual that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The O’Dwyer Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.