310T Truck Mechanic – Ottawa Branch
Want to work with an industry leader in transport refrigeration? Discover what it means to work with one of the worlds most innovative and diversified companies.
The O’Dwyer Group Canada sells services and reconditions all major brands of transport equipment to manage temperature control environments for food and other perishables. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, mechanic to join our winning team.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates that have a knack for solving and repairing technical and hands-on problems. The ideal candidate will eat, sleep, and breathe the mechanical process. We have unlimited opportunities for skilled workers with quality workmanship who would like to take their career to the next level.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Competitive base wage with shift premium
- Lucrative tool allowance
- Safety boot allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Life, and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services.
- Detect and diagnose operating problems.
- Maintains transport trailer units and truck APU’s condition by reviewing shop orders, repairing failures; removing, replacing, assembling, and installing parts and components involving soldering and welding and the use of refrigeration equipment.
- Conduct Annual Safety and scheduled PM inspections on trucks, buses and transport trailers.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
The successful candidate will have …
- 310T certification or apprenticeship.
- 2-3 years practical experience with motor coach, heavy truck and truck-trailer maintenance required.
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required.
- AZ License an asset.
- A valid class “G” driver’s license for the Province of Ontario.
- Ozone Depletion Prevention Certification preferred.
- Ability to use judgment and tact when dealing with general inquiries.
- Lift heavy materials in excess of 75 lbs (i.e., trailer suspension parts, tires, drums etc.)
At The O’Dwyer Group we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. If you are an individual that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The O’Dwyer Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.